1957 Lionel HO Western Pacific set #5703

I DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT.

I have a Lionel HO set #5703 made in 1957. I can't find any info on the web. It is in the original box with a top that folds up for a display. Some original sales literature is included. The track was never mounted on a board. Also, I have all interior boxes but they are missing the cellophane. Boxes are in good condition. Cars and track are good-excellent. The set did not come with a transformer and anyways, that was lost many years ago. Has not been out of box since about

1970.

I looked the value in 1995 and pricing all the cars seperately and I got a range of 550-600 then. The book didn't have a price for the set. I know that having the boxes ups the value. This set was made only in

1957 and was $45 new.

Could someone please give me an idea of the value of this now?

REPEAT: I AM NOT SELLING- SENTIMENTAL VALUE

Reply to
Kevin Nawotka

Kevin=A0Nawotka wrote: I DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT. I have a Lionel HO set #5703 made in 1957. I can't find any info on the web. --- Could someone please give me an idea of the value of this now?

-------------------------------------------------- Charles Siegel's Train City has an on-line price guide:

You might keep your eye on various auctions:

Choo Choo Auctions.com:

James J. Reeves:
e-Bay:

Yahoo! Auctions: