--
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Richard Feynman
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:20:37 -0400, "Jeff Stanton"

XA Automobile car. Similar in design to "XM", but with exceptionally large side or side and end doors.
don't know about the rest
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:20:37 -0400, "Jeff Stanton"
From: http://www.opsig.org/pdf/AARFreightCarCodes.pdf
FP - Flat Rack car. Ordinary flat car provided with side and end racks, with door openings in sides. Suitable for handling pulpwood.
XA - Automobile car. Similar in design to "XM", but with exceptionally large side or side and end doors.
From: http://www.greatnorthernempire.net/index2.htm?GNE_AARCarCodes.htm
THI - Insulated tank car equipped with heater device which permits intransit heating of lading. Apparatus operated by power other than through the axle.
I don't see "TRI" listed; I suspect it is an insulated version of a TR tank car.