accu-cals

I just returned to the hobby and I am looking for accu-cal decals. I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have a link to where I can Buy them. Thanks

Reply to
Billm

Try

Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Remove nospam from from e-mail address to send me mail.

Thanks

Bill Sprouse

Unfortunately, most of the sets are no longer in production or even in stock. They were excellent sets....

It is my understanding that the artwork was sold to Micro-Scale years ago, and they (MS) came out with their own versions of, for example, New Haven decals.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

Reply to
Billm

News to me...

Now that's bizarre. I wonder who made up that rumor? 'Cause it is certainly not true. Accu-cals used to be printed for Accu-cal (and George Bishop) by Microscale, years ago, using Georgie's artwork. After racking up numerous unpaid bills (in the thousands, last I heard), they broke the relationship. Since then, Georgie started making his own decals, and Microscale started into the Northeast-area railroads (something they were hesitant to do, I'm sure, since they were making Accu-cals in Northeastern roads for Georgie). George also has picked up a partner named Asa Worcester. Most of Microscale's

New Haven artwork is by a friend of mine (and former r.m.r "Sheriff"), John R. Sheridan. In fact, most of Microscale's Northeastern decals are by John (PRR, PC, MBTA, NH, B&M, etc.). Heck, if you look in the NH caboose decal sheet instructions, you'll even see my name in there as a "contributer" (yeah, I nagged John until he did them!). John now has his own company called "Yankee Model Works", making resin models of warships in various scales
Anyways, Accu-cals is still kickin' last I heard. The NHRHTA is selling his stuff, most of which is not offered by Microscale (mostly freight cars). I still prefer Microscale for the quality, but there are no freight cars by Microscale other than the State of Maine cars (you gotta use what's out there).

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

"Pac Man" tickled the keyboard:

I couldn't find any current news on decals at this web site. Everything I looked at was "Under construction." Regarding Multipaks they have a number of sets listed but few images and the text indicates that when these are gone that's the end of them.

Reply to
Jeff Finch

That's been the status of the site for over a year now....

Reply to
Steve Hoskins