Yet Another F Unit from Broadway

I recieved an email today with this in it:

Broadway announced another new locomotive today. Guess what it is? Another EMD F7 in A-B, A-B-B and B sets. Some of the roads are ATSF, NYC, PRR, L&N, B&O, CB&Q, DRGW, GN, SOU, SP, UP, WM, NP, and WP. No Frisco, KCS, FEC or GM&O on the offering.

Like we need another stinkin' eff unit ? Yeah, one that sounds like a cat caught in a coffee grinder.

Reply to
Froggy

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: rec.models.railroad Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 5:07 AM Subject: Yet Another F Unit from Broadway

You beaut! I get to buy ANOTHER brand of F-unit to add to my growing collection:

"Model HO F-units of the World".

So far I think only Electrotren (Spain) and Piko (former DDR) have not produced one. Oh, and I understand a small cottage industry set-up at the Mawson base in Antarctica has not yet produced one.

But, Froggy, it has SOUND!!! - and I know how you love sound.. :-)

Steve NSW, Land of the Free of F-units

Reply to
Steve Magee

Doubtless they will though

While I have never actually put a cat into a coffee grinder (lest my PETA friends should have a stroke) I can imagine what noise must ensue. You see, it isn't ~sound~ that I find annoying, it is the awful cacophony that QSI is flogging off as "True Sound" I have stated several times that I think the PFM system (from the Permian, or perhaps Triassic era) is still the best one going. I had one once and liked it. It belongs to a friend now. It still works and I still like it. Sound is a cute novelty, but, like a joke that is told or a point that is stated too often, it soon grows tedious and irritating.

Reply to
Froggy

Yeah I was surprised that BLI have offered a F unit since we have the likes of the Athearn Genesis and Stewarts. Maybe BLI have commissioned Athearn to do the F units for them. :>)

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols