Armstrongs Layout Plan - May MR

I'm posting this responce about the layout form Pat LaTorres as he is having problems posting to the group. This layout is for real and not just an elaborate design that will never be built. Bruce

For some reason my system won't let me post to "rec.model.rr", so I thought I'd shoot a note directly. Just as a FYI, this railroad has been built (the Angel's Camp branch has yet to be laid, but the benchwork is mostly in place), with scenery working east from Oakdale. It's located in Rescue, Calif. -- you can locate it via mapquest -- (without the owners OK I feel it would be innapropriate to give more info than this) and I'll be operating on it this Saturday. This will be the fourth scheduled ops session and we're getting the bugs smoothed out a bit more each time -- though the first session (last November) was really good, it's only gotten better. I'll sort of gripe about his using Digitraxx (I'm partial to NCE). We're currently running single person crews, using switchlists, though when two trains are working Jamestown at the same time we help each other with the "ground work". Feel free to forward this to the list.

Enjoy, Pat LaTorres Mountain View, CA

Reply to
Bruce Favinger