Brain activity controls toy train!

OK, we got a long way to go to using it on model applications, but this is interesting. The toy train folks have somthing here.
Brain activity controls toy train http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/world/4911504.html
"The 'brain-machine interface' developed by Hitachi Inc. analyzes slight changes in the brain's blood flow and translates brain motion into electric signals. A cap connects by optical fibers to a mapping device, which links, in turn, to a toy train set via a control computer and motor during one recent demonstration at Hitachi's Advanced Research Laboratory in Hatoyama, just outside Tokyo."
Something tells me if I have one of these attached to my head when I see the price of a brass model, the train would jump the tracks!
(Not to mention if a pretty girl walks by... since the device measures blood flow.)
____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com / "I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."
Still... outside of using it to move toy trains... this technology is a promising future if it can be refined.
Mark Mathu wrote:

There???
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:35:09 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Don't worry, Greg. You're disqualified. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I'm averagely qualified - your jealousy is noted.

    Yes. As it has been emperically tested by medical scans with an MRI. Desire starts in the Limbic system. It quickly takes the whole brain by storm. It is said... The Brain is the most sensual organ in the body.
--

From the Desk of the Sysop of:
Planet Maca's Opus, a Free open BBS system. telnet://pinkrose.dhis.org
B'ichela wrote:

I'll remember not to let you play with my brain then!
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:28:50 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Someone surely must use it. You don't. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

You're not using yours now!
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:05:54 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Oh, dear. An "I know you are but what am I?" lame. Nothing original from you, Greg. Not ever. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Ray, your mother has terminal halitosis.
Stop wasting band-width and grow up.
Regards, Greg.P.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:48:00 +1200, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Not only do you lack any intelligence or originality but you suffer from "last-word-itis."
Go ahead and have the last word. It's bound to be absolutely without merit and moronic. -- Ray