Broadway locos

David Nebenzahl wrote:

"Neben" is "lesser/smaller". "Zahl" is as you say "number", not "tooth" as I wrongly wrote.
So, you're a smaller number - sounds about right.
If you look back to your posting, you'll see that you made fun of my name.
You have a German name but no German ancestry - where do you get these fuck-witted ideas?
Regards, Greg.P.
Greg Procter skriver:

No it is "next to"
Klaus
"Klaus D. Mikkelsen" wrote:

"Nebenbahn" ???
Greg Procter skriver:

Yes on danish it is called "sidebaner" and "next to" is "ved siden af".
Try http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr translate "neben" from german to english.
Klaus
"Klaus D. Mikkelsen" skriver:

Greg, it is okay to admit that you were wrong....
Klaus
"Klaus D. Mikkelsen" wrote:

Hi Klaus, it appears I was wrong!
Greg.P.
Greg Procter skriver:

Okay - you're forgiven :-)
Klaus
I did mean is....not if...
DB
wrote

Thank you for clearing that up.
Understand that nobodies' mad at you: it was just hard to figure out exactly what you meant.
-Pete
On 3/6/2008 1:29 AM P. Roehling spake thus:

I had no problem with what he wrote; I simply read it as a typo. A speeling misteak.
Don't really give a damn if anyone is made at me or not..Don't really care either. Stated my opinion and said so right from the get go.
Denis Blake
wrote

BLI makes (or will make) the following diesels:
BLI - ALCO RSD-15, HO BLI - EMD E7, HO BLI - EMD E8/9, HO BLI - EMD F7, HO BLI - EMD SD40-2 HH, HO BLI - EMD Switchers SW7/NW2, HO BLI - GE AC6000, HO BLI - GE C30-7, HO PCM - ALCO FA/FB, HO PCM - ALCO PA/PB, HO PCM - Baldwin Sharknose, HO PCM - EMD F3, HO PCM - EMD SD7, HO PCM - EMD SW1500, HO
They are all quality models other than the SD40-2 (a good runner, but crude in appearance). All of them, in my experience, run very well...about on par with Atlas. They are, however, more expensive than just about anyone else because they all have sound. If sound is important, then they are great. If sound isn't, then you might as well buy some Atlas or Kato or Athearn Genesis or Athearn RTR or Proto 2000 or Proto 1000...and save a lot of money (figure at least $100 more for sound).

in
In HO scale, Atlas is the best overall. Kato still has a better drive, but the lack of models, production levels, and paint problems knocks off a few points. Atlas, OTOH, has a wide selection of models, they all run great, they offer road specific details on certain locos, the paint is usually perfect, and they can be had for less than Kato. Atlas is the best "bang for the buck" in quality models. BTW, Atlas Gold is with sound, everything else is without. Athearn Genesis has some kits and misses. The F-units are the finest F-units ever made in any medium or scale, but the early Genesis steam engines had cracked gears and other issues. I would stay away from Genesis sound as it's by MRC...which is not good. Athearn RTR is an okay drive under a good shell. A compromise of detail over drive quality at a reasonable price. They will run well, but they aren't as smooth nor as quiet (no sound available). Proto 2000 from Walthers is a quality product, with great paint and road specific details. However, they also have a cracking gear problem (free replacements from Walthers, but still...) on some models. Overall drive quality varies quite a bit with P2K, but the shells are usually excellent. Some have sound, but most do not. Proto 1000 has a good drive (some noisy, some very smooth) but with far less detail than P2K. No sound is available for P1K.

They don't make this model YET...or atleast they don't SELL it yet! It's been listed as soon to be available for way over a year and a half, and it has yet to show up...i wonder if it ever will.
also you told this person they only make sound models, which is wrong...they offer non-sound as well.
I LOVE my EMD F7s... they look great and run beautifully.
Carter