Brooklyn Locomotive Works - your experience?

Brooklyn Locomotive Works http://www.blwnscale.com
BLW has some stuff I want at what appears to be a good price. What is your experience dealing with these guys?
Especially interested in hearing from Canadians. Any troubles with backorders, shipping, duties, damage, etc.?
Thanks a bunch!
Mac B. Vancouver BC
I've been dealing with them for over 10 years! Excellent prices, quick shipping (if item is in stock).
Impossible to get to them on the phone, but prompt emails.
But I'm not sure if he ships to Canada... I'm in US. Never had issues with damaged shipments. Backorders, advanced reservations and special orders promptly filled (when the items are delivered to BLW from manufacturers).
I am leaving a big part of my paycheck with BLW :-)
Highly recommended! Peteski

Thanks Peter. I'll give them a try.
Mac. B
Peteski wrote: I am leaving a big part of my paycheck with BLW :-) Highly recommended! ------------------------------------------------ I agree. BLW is certainly the best mail order experiences I ever had. I received my orders the next day (NJ to MD via UPS Standard Shipping).
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

Don't know about shipping to Canada, but I ordered a locomotive from them last week and it arrived at my doorstep less than 48 hours after I placed the order. Fastest service I have EVER seen from anybody. I highly recommend them..
Franz T
I tried to pre order / buy 6 of one item from them about three years ago. A Micro Ace product, which can be difficult to acquire in the US.
Never had the courtesy of a reply to many phone calls (reaced a message machine); a half dozen E mails nor 1 Snail mail letter.
I decided that they were not serious about being in business.
I obtained the items elsewhere.
At this point, I wouldn't buy anything from them, regardless of how good a price it was.
YMMV.
some stuff --
--
Jim McLaughlin