Copying Hobby VHS tapes to DVD legalities

Correction: Home Depot is The Borg.

Reply to
LD

You described it very well Wolf! I was also quite surprised and happy at the same time that George Sellios will be "un-detailing" his layout. I think that he finally realized that he "overdetailed" his wonderful creation. Sometimes less is more and I think that his layout will be a perfect example of that.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

LD skriver:

Oh, I din't know that You know danish better than Me :-)

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

On 12/3/2008 8:52 AM Klaus D. Mikkelsen spake thus:

Well, of course we do: we speak English.

At the risk of taking all the steam out of a bad joke, an explanation of "The Borg" for non-North Americans:

o Borg = entity from Star Trek (Next Generation) that swallows entire civilizations (tagline: "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.")

o Home Depot = chain of gigantic American home-improvement stores that swallow entire small businesses nearby like local lumber yards. Tagline: "You can do it. We can help", which is Borgese for "Resistance is futile. ..."

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

So "Borg" must be "Castle"?

In that case, resistance is feudal.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

I prefer apricot to cream filled.

But you can't get either kind at Home Despot.

I can't think of Home Despot without remembering that great episode of The Wire where hit-girl Snoop is looking to buy a nail gun to re-seal up condemned houses they're hiding bodies in.

  • (HBO TV series on Baltimore cops. drug dealers, politicians, teachers and newspapers - the best TV ever done)

-- Steve

Reply to
Steve Caple

On 12/3/2008 11:46 AM Steve Caple spake thus:

Better than "The Prisoner"? I think not, even though I've never seen The Wire.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Check it out - it's available on Netflix - you might be amazed. The complete 5 seasons maintained a level of honesty and realism rare on the tube. The producer, David Simon, and primary writer, Ed Burns, were a former Baltimore newspaperman and a former Baltimore homicide cop and teacher; other writers included Richard Price, George Pellecanos, Dennis Lehane, among others.

Not the same thing as The Prisoner - no allegory and fantasy. Just people writing about what they know and not styling or lying the way so much of the current crap stream goes.

Reply to
Steve Caple

You don't have to be Danish to detest Home Depot. :o)

Reply to
LD

"I am not a number"

"You are number six."

Reply to
LD

On 12/3/2008 3:42 PM LD spake thus:

Writing from memory:

"Where am I?" "In the village." "Who are you?" "I am Number 2." "Who is Number 1?" "You are Number 6." "I am not a number, I am a *free man*."

"What do you want?" "Information." "You won't get it!" "By hook or by crook, we will."

[insane echoing laughter]

Now to look it up and see how well I did ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Very good.

"Be seeing you."

Reply to
LD

Just another American Fantasy.

The common man has never had control of the American Government. Anybody with half a brain who has observed and understood US history knows that.

Bill Dixon

Reply to
Bill Dixon