Coupler Installation frustration...

Okay, I've been trying to install new Micro-Trains Magne-Matic couplers on my Con-Cor Santa Fe passenger cars and for the life of me I can't figure out their directions. I spent the last 3 hours trying to do what I think is right and I think I already ruined one of my nice expensive little cars.

Pictures:

This shouldn't be rocket science. I'm installing #1130 Universal long length T-Shank couplers front and rear conversion. The instructions are not clear (to me anyway) on just what part of the trucks I need to modify (like do I cut off the current spring holder to make room for the adapter)? What I did do is cut off the spring holder on the Con-Cor trucks, trimmed off the top and sides of the coupler. I inserted the coupler and then slid in the adapter but it appears to sit too high and the coupler doesn't seem to function very well. It sits much higher than a car I bought with the coupler already installed. Is there any web site which might have a simpler diagram to do this conversion? I checked the Micro-Trains web site but not much help there. My only other alternative is to pay my local hobby shop $30 to install one of them to see how it is supposed to be installed. Something I really don't want to do. It's really starting to take the fun out of this things...

I would really appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer this inept newbie. Please copy me at: snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

--Scott

Reply to
Scott