Deoxit - N-scale DC Motor Maintenance

Has anyone had experience with using Deoxit (red - the cleaner and blue

- Preservit) in the maintenance of small DC motors?

I found glowing testimonials (which describe 'objective' before and after tests) for Aero's Conducta lube on their website.

Thanks,

Baumgrenze

I'd like to save my money and use what I have if it works just as well.

Reply to
baumgrenze

Hello, and I've mostly used DeoxIT D5 spray on a lot of old scratchy radio volume and tone controls and have always been impressed by the results. Ditto for switch contacts. This stuff is superior to products sold as "contact cleaners." I recently used it on the commutator and reversing unit contacts in an American Flyer GP-7 locomotive that had been in an attic for 40 years. DeoxIT quickly cuts through the crud and it will be a long time before you have to apply it again. Like BG-44K for automobiles, a little DeoxIT goes a long way. Sorry but I haven't any experience with the other Caig product you mention. Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil Naval Research Laboratory

4555 Overlook Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20375-5337
Reply to
J. B. Wood