Georgetown Branch update

Hi all,

For those of you that have been following my construction, I have updated the web site with a few new pictures and a mock-up of the New Yard area of Georgetown.

Let me know if you see anything wrong with the mock-up.

Here is the direct link:

new stuff is near the bottom of the page.

Kelly Regan Home Page:

Kelly

Kelly wrote: For those of you that have been following my construction, I have updated the web site with a few new pictures and a mock-up of the New Yard area of Georgetown. Let me know if you see anything wrong with the mock-up. Here is the direct link:

The new stuff is near the bottom of the page.

-------------------------------------------------- You're moving right along, Kelly. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated. Looks good!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Only a minor critisism, but, do you really need all your sidings to be straight and parallel to the wall and the front of the layout? How about introducing some subtle curvature. Or maybe keep them straight, but angle each group of sidings slightly so they aren't parallel to each other and/or the wall. Too many straight parallel lines doesn't look natural to me.

Ashley.

Reply to
Ashley Sanders

Hi Ashley,

It may be hard to tell from the pictures but the main track's (tracks near the front edge) are at about 6% angle from the front edge of the layout. As for the rest of the tracks, I am following the prototype layout of the yard.

The yard was a team track yard with roads between each pair of tracks. This allowed trucks to park next to the cars for unloading. Directley behind the crane track was a pier wall next to the Potomac River.

Also if you look at the track plan you will see one of the team tracks will snake around behind a large building. That part of the track was not in the mockup, but will be included.

Ashley Sanders wrote in news:br2dta$1ddc$ snipped-for-privacy@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk:

Reply to
Kelly

Thanks Bill,

Im not sure when you looked but I made a mistake with the mockup.... I had an outdated plan taped to the backdrop and that is what I was looking at while laying it out. I fixed that, and added a picture of the new mockup, it now matches the track plan posted on the web.

It also eliminates a sharp S curve in the yard. It was hard to see in the pictuers, but it was pretty bad.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3191.bay.webtv.net:

Reply to
Kelly

Kelly wrote: Thanks Bill, Im not sure when you looked but I made a mistake with the mockup.... I had an outdated plan taped to the backdrop and that is what I was looking at while laying it out. I fixed that, and added a picture of the new mockup, it now matches the track plan posted on the web. It also eliminates a sharp S curve in the yard. It was hard to see in the pictures, but it was pretty bad.

---------------------------------------------------- Thanks, Kelly. My vision isn't getting any better as I grow older. I didn't even notice! With the new photos, I shouldn't get confused.