Boulton-Paul Corsair "look-a-like" proposal?

ISTR seeing a multi-view drawing 'somewhere' of what I'm pretty sure was a B-P design for a RN fighter & it seemed to remind me of an F4U. I have looked & looked & can't find it. Anyone know what I'm looking for? I think it was in a mag or book, not online. All of my Googling comes up with Defiants basically.

Reply to
frank

Hi Frank,

Done a quick google search myself and if you check the 1st link below, it seems B.P. were to design the Fury for the naval conversion:

However BP also designed a fighter known as P.94 as a stop gap for the spit & hurricane, which was never needed, though the web page is more of a computer design, but better than nothing:
Also the following link provides a mock-up photo of the P94.
I'd guess that the Fury matches the Corsair closest. Cheers, Stephen.

Reply to
SL

"frank" wrote in news:1121272490.227611.196710 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Sounds a lot like the P.105. (Or maybe P.107)

Its in British Secret Projects: Fighters and Bombers 35:50 (p.180)

Reply to
Peter Baxter

Hey, that's it! The 105. I finally found that book. It was at my office instead of home, where it's supposed to be! I think I loaned it to someone & never took it back home.

Reply to
frank