GG! - Lost??

Last weekend I was lost in the wilds of upstate New York. Cruising down Route 7 (I think), I saw in a field beside the road what appeared
to be an old Pennsy GG1.
It was pretty well beat up cosmetically - down to the primer in most places - but it retained some of the Pennsy red in the front.
the nearest town I could see was Schenevius, NY.
Does anyone know about this loco, or it simply lost there?
Andy
On 09/08/2011 9:38 AM, Andy wrote:

Did you take a photo? if so, post it to alt.binaries.pictures.rail, and ask there.
HTH Wolf K.

See: http://www.lrhs.com /
Bob Netzlof

This may well be one of the two listed on the above site, but their last uses were with Penn Central and Amtrak and this one was very clearly still showing Pennsy red - albeit very faded - paint. And, if they're both stored in Cooperstown Junction, I'd imagine that they'd be together. This one was alone - with no other equipment anywhere nearby.
I really should have stopped to see if a number was legible, but the sixteen-wheeler on my tail precluded my even slowing down.
Oh well... I tried.

This may well be one of the two listed on the above site, but their last uses were with Penn Central and Amtrak and this one was very clearly still showing Pennsy red - albeit very faded - paint. And, if they're both stored in Cooperstown Junction, I'd imagine that they'd be together. This one was alone - with no other equipment anywhere nearby.
I really should have stopped to see if a number was legible, but the sixteen-wheeler on my tail precluded my even slowing down.
Oh well... I tried.
==========================================Either of these look familiar>
http://www.flyerguide.net/viewphoto.php?id 4587
On Aug 11, 9:27am, "Graham Harrison"

You should have snapped a pic of that sixteen-wheeler while you were there, though.
They're even more uncommon than surviving GG1s.
Have you tried a Google search for gg1 new york? Maybe include a name for a town in that area. WAG.

Sixteen... Seventeen... Whatever it takes...