Hartford National 2009 Model Contest

Well the last installment is finally done and posted to the SER's website. This one is the largest yet at 67 pages and 169 photos. This one covers Kit-built Structures and Dioramas. No, there were not enough Kit-built Structure & Diorama entries to require this large of a book, rather there is much more included in addition to those categories. The Model Showcase accounts for a good chunk of the book but the other contests are also covered to various degrees like Arts & Crafts, People's Choice, Pass, Photos, Thumbs, and Favorite Train.

I went back and looked at the page and photo counts for the four PhotoBooks and this comes out to 234 total pages containing 570 photos which represents roughly one quarter of all the photos I took in the contest room and at the train show in Hartford. This is probably the most complete coverage of any NMRA National Contest and certainly the most complete in the 6 years I have been putting these books together!

Also available are the three previous PhotoBooks - Scratch-built Rolling Stock 53 pages, 131 photos, Scratch-built Structures & Dioramas 49 pages, 118 photos, and Kit-built Rolling Stock 65 pages,

152 photos - the last 35 pages cover the Module Contest.

If you did not attend the Hartford National this past Summer (and even if you did) and if you wanted to see what else was in the contest room besides the winners, take a look through these four online-only PDF PhotoBooks. They will inspire you!

Enjoy,

Paul Voelker SE Region Editor NMRA Photo Contest

Reply to
paul-voelker