Has anyobne heard of this company

CTC Hobbies/Imports

13701 N. Umpqua Hwy, Roseburg, OR 97470

Are they any good?

---------- Donald

Reply to
Donald Kinney

The first mention ever made on news:rec.models.railroad about CTC was Jon's comment yesterday.

Fred Becker's *other* business is/(was?) LBF Company -- it's interesting that

is inaccessible right now....

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Looks like a small job shop interested in new business. If you've got some idea for a product for the model railroading business, they can probably help you quite nicely. I'll note that many of the hobby businesses did things this way in the beginning before buying their own equipment from the profits of the business. They (the hobby business) can also help you out nicely if you know who to contact and have a product that they aren't working on. Theree are also a number of places that also do small work like this.

Bob May

Except in this case you're talking about giving money to Fred Becker who's left a whole string of bankrupt companies in his wake, and now is going under himself.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Or so he says. I don't believe him; his lips are moving.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Karma is a bitch, innit?

Reply to
Drew Bunn

The lbf site is working now (it was working yesterday too)

Reply to
me

Fred was also "Front Range Products", and had quite a bit to do with the demise of "McKean".

Don't recall where I read it, but on another list someone mentioned the remarkable similarity of CTS's "production facility" photos to the ones Athearn put on their website a few months ago of THEIR plant in Compton CA (right down to the same ladies running the same machines).