HO Coupler Size Question

(more
it to

The NMRA has failed in H0. Not one turnout manufacturer uses the NMRA standard. The NMRA standard is difficult to manufacture and produces coarser than necessary track.

There is no need for experimentation, there are numerous modellers who have already proved using finescale track and current RTR finescale wheels works better. Se my web page for the dimensions.
--
Terry Flynn

http://angelfire.com/clone/rail/index.html
Hi.
Much has been posted about more realistic appearance of track, wheels and "scale" coupler knuckles including their operation, but nothing has been said about their effects on the more noticeable close coupling. This is seen everywhere and not just closeup. With the exception of Accumate Pro, Kadee 711 and Sargent, none approach prototype head length to the pulling face. Due to excessive slack in knuckles and draft gear, close coupling is difficult to achieve.
Measuring methods and results may be found on my site, along with history, evaluation, mounting solutions and examples with images. Close coupling is covered in depth. The interaction among rolling stock lengths, curves and couplers is also presented.
For more details with methods and extensive discussion of problems and solutions, see first site below in couplers and curves.
Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Budb
Author of:
MODELRAILROAD TECHNICAL INFORMATION http://www.geocities.com/budb3 /
PROTOTYPE TECHNICAL INFO FOR MODELRAILROADERS (Revised. New address) http://www.geocities.com/budb3/pindex

of
See my web page for some pictures showing why I think the KD78 is the best coupler to date.