HO Coupler Size Question

I see the NMRA have finally updated a standard, note the date 2004. Kadees have been around a long time.. I note the NMRA has not included tolerances on the dimensions, or defined where to measure the coupling height from. Another useless standard from the NMRA. Another case of those writing NMRA standards not knowing what they are doing. H0 Kadee's are the standard, use their height gauge.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

I gave up on the NMRA many years ago because of the abuse of the standards by the manufacturers (manufacturers back then were advertising their compliance with the Standards) and the NMRA wasn't doing anything to stop it. In addition, the standards didn't even mate well with each other - case in point is the wheel gauge vs. the track gauge - in several areas. The people who were "maintaining" the Standards really didn't give a damn so I just left the group. No wonder that the size of the NMRA is so small compared to the number of people that are doing railroad modeling. The NMRA really isn't relavent anymore!

Bob May

Terry, No argument whatsoever on the statement below. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger