how do you activate an MTH bell?

I just received a MTHRRC loco that has proto-sound and a bell and horn. How do I activate the bell. Where or how do I get a bell button?

Gary

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
UD54

You can use a Lionel Railsounds button available at most hobby shops for around $10. Most modern transformers have both a horn/whistle and bell button.

OTT's Machine Works also sells a device that will activate both the horn/whistle and bell and does not affect the speed of the engine. It costs about $50.00

Reply to
TRAINMAN9

UD54:

The horn or whistle works via 5 volts DC plus... The bell works via 5 volts DC negative..

You probably need a 'newer' transformer or the Li>

Reply to
Dennis Mayer