HELP! Weird DCC problems....

Hi all,

I have been having some weird DCC problems lately. Maybe you can help. I have an Atlas system with various decoders.

  1. Locomotives not responding when attempting to consist.

My system supports advanced consisting. About 30% - 40% of the time, when I try to consist two units together, there is no response from the unit I am trying to add to the consist. It is not a dirty track/loco problem, as I can move the loco, control the lights, etc. It just won't respond to consisting.

And here's the weird bit - there is no regularity to it. Sometimes I will try to consist, it doesn't work, I will try running some other locos and then it will work. This evening an FP9 would not consist. I left the room for 2 minutes, came back and it worked.

What the heck is going on here?

  1. Jump starting locomotives after a short circuit.

After a short circuit, I restarted the system and three or four locos jumped - moved about 4" to 6". I tried it again and some more locos jumped, some in the opposite direction to a minute previously. This never happened before.

What the heck is going on here?

  1. Creeping engines.

It was only my Lenz LE1014-equipped engines that started creeping after the throttle is down (I'm never getting Lenz decoders again). Now others have picked up the trend. Is it a problem with my controller? Maybe I dropped it on the carpet one too many times? Today this problem reached a new level - I scrolled down to address 09 but the .2 seconds at address 10 was enough to start loco 910 creeping into the railstops.

What the heck is going on here?

The consisting problem has been there for a while but has gotten a bit worse. The other two problems started after I installed Lenz LE1014W decoders in two of my locos, but persist even after those two locos are removed from the layout.

Any help would be appreciated. The problems are starting to intrude on my fun.

Thanks and regards,

Jason

Reply to
Jason Shron

You will get excellent help by posting your problem on the Atlas Forum at

site also has links to tech support personnel for a comprehensive answer. Registration required, but it is free. Fine forum.

Reply to
Dave in GA