How do you like your Eggs?

Hello All,

I was recently reading a story in our local newspaper here in Phoenix Arizona and ran across a story concerning local Garden Railroads and Clubs. In that story a woman with a rather simple, but absolutely huge layout spoke of "watching her Eggliner run around the yard". I am a large scale outdoor modeler and didn't think twice about this until I saw a picture of an EggLiner loco in an ad in Garden Railways magazine, then fell in love with it's uniqueness (sp?). Does anybody have any prototype info about these trains, where they ran, era, etc?

Thanks, TP

Reply to
Timothii

Seems to me this falls in the category of "whimsical". No prototype, and none needed.

My O Gauge Homepage

Corelane

Yup - just a couple of obs ends stuck together - like the other two locos (Little Critter, which coulda' been, and the Center Cab Switcher, both of which got Alco parts)

Reply to
Rusty