I'm baaaaaaack!

Hi,
In building my last layout, (N scale), I started buying box cars,
tankers, cattle cars, etc without a thought to standardization. What a
mish-mash of coupler styles, some not even compatible with the others.
The chance of my retro-fitting operating couplers with my 77 year old
eyes? ZERO!
Now, for my new G&D, a 4 x 8 (HO scale), I should like recommendations
for a RELIABLE BRAND of rolling stock with OPERATING couplers. I
shall stick to ONLY that brand-type, which will hopefullypreclude the
chance of my ever having to go bleary-eyed trying to deal wth
couplers. I understand that I will still have to repair and adjust
but am willing to suffer that.
I just purchased an Atlas S2 diesel and the anticipation is killing
me! Will I have to retrofit operating couplers? Will any operating
couple be so compatible? I guess I should wait until I make a choice
of coupers before even thinking of retrofitting.
I shudder to think where I would be without you guys and gals to
help!! I live out with the coyotes and it's a long journey to the
nearest hobby shop, and I know they soon will tire of my questions.
Mike
Picture Rocks, AZ
Reply to
Michael P Gabriel
Hello Mike Contact me at Papastrains.com
Larry
Reply to
LarEyman
Dear Mike, Even the horn-hook couplers are theoretically able to operate automatically. The last few Athearn cars I bought had plastic knuckle couplers. They work fine. Just pick up cheap MDC or Athearn cars and put Kadees on them. MDC are a little nicer because their pocket lids screw on. I wish they came with machine screws, though, instead of sheet metal screws.
Cordially yours, Gerard P.
Reply to
Gerard Pawlowski