Japanese Train sign

Go to this page:

And scroll to the bottom and look at the sign found in a Japanese commuter train. It designates who gets to sit in the seats below the sign.

I'll post what the symbols are actually supposed to represent after we get a few guesses...

Oh, you might enjoy the other pictures, too. The Kato shop in Tokyo has lots of stuff which is hard to find here in the US. I bought Tsubame Shinkansen (Kyushu) and a JR Yamanote (Tokyo) commuter train models in N scale

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

That sign is a joke. The explanation, and a real sign, is shown here:

Ken Rice

in article cx0dg.7331$qn2.427@trnddc04, Ken Rice at snipped-for-privacy@email.ads wrote on

5/24/06 10:15 AM:

You take the fun out of everything ;-)

And you get the prize (which Is NADA) for the first, and correct interpretation of the sign.

Oh, well, I tried.

Reply to
Edward A. Oates