Is this a sign?

idk much about global warming or anything, but just today something was announced. At TodaysHotNews.com , it reported : Arctic Ice Shelf Broke Off Canadian Island - December 30, 2006 - The New York Times: The breaking of the 41-square-mile shelf of floating ice appeared to be a result of unusual Arctic warmth in 2005 on top of a longer-term warming trend.    You can read more at

Ian Delzel

Dog gone it! Don't you people listen to Geroge Bush?? There's no such thing as Global Warming! Ask anyone in Colorado!

Bill Shuey trying out for Saturday Night Live! :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Ian Delzell said the following on 31/12/06 00:06:

No. this is!

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Well if you're askin', the answer is - I think we just got some misdirected weather that was meant for the polar regions. My main incentive to dig the 18 inches of snow off my driveway was to get my car from the garage onto the snowpacked street so I could get to Colpar Hobbies. ;^)

Martin (in Denver)

Reply to
The Collector

OK, I admit it, I'm a little thick but I don't get the sign thing.

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

Know what "El Nino" means?

Most people think that it means "the Christ Child".

Actually, it's a Spanish mis-pronunciation of an old Miwok indian phrase. Actual translation is: "Stupid white man hasn't figured out that it rains in California in the winter".

Tom

Doug Wagner wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

and "la ninia" means that damn water is cold!

Hey Patriots:

Actually, the back to back Colorado blizzards could very well be a sign of global warming. It is not the temperature that is the driving factor. It is always cold enough here for snow.

The strange occurrence is where the moisture is coming from. Reports I have seen is that the dampness is pumping up from both the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico ..... at the same time! This is extraordinary, never before seen in living memory.

Clear thinking individuals will make a note of this strange meteorological phenom and try to tie it into all the other weather patterns (and ice shelf demolitions) that none of us remember from our lives.

Fundies will dig in their heels and continue to ignore the evidence. I assume Shuey's wise-acre comments indicate he is one of the Luddites.

My experience from these two storms was typical of all the locals. It did not seem normal at all. There was so much power in these snow generation machines. Too much moisture. Too much area effected. Lasting too long and not blowing off to the eastern states. The clouds were socked in wall to wall. At the peak, it was dumping at a rate of two inches and hour, basically over a four state area.

Folks, that is not normal. You could sense it. We humans are very attuned to weather patterns, and that 6th sense is not to be joked away. Only fools would do that.

Sadly, one of the biggest fools in modern history is sitting in the White House right now (or in a Texas tornado shelter).

...../V

2 storms = 4 feet right here

Reply to
Vess Irvine

shoo, shoo, go away! beat it, get lost, f*ck off, eat shit and just go!

Doug Wagner said the following on 31/12/06 17:44:

Well, those big square shaped things with symbols on are called signs and was in answer to the OP who asked "is this a sign?"

It can't be more simple than that, surely ?

I've modified the subject line, BTW.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Pure literal interpretation with no underlying significance. That kind of humor is usually right up my alley. Surprised I missed it. Sorry you had to explain it :)

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

Doug Wagner said the following on 01/01/07 18:16:

Careful about the above line! It's pure Carry-On writer's material. Add an "oh matron!" here and there and you've got the makings of a blockbuster.

I'm the same most times - although it is a good ploy at parties if someone is not very funny. It pays to get them to open the thing out (the joke) and let others poke around in it.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Relax e! Vess' is just too stupid to recognize sarcasm when he reads it.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

By the way, I thought we all agreed to kill file that fool!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

we don't have him kf'd on all our pc's.