Is this a sign?

idk much about global warming or anything, but just today something was announced. At TodaysHotNews.com , it reported : Arctic Ice Shelf Broke Off Canadian Island - December 30, 2006 - The New York Times: The breaking of the 41-square-mile shelf of floating ice appeared to be a result of unusual Arctic warmth in 2005 on top of a longer-term warming trend.    You can read more at

Ian Delzel

A sign of a doofuss...

Reply to
David Hopper

It is a sign that we'd better learn to fly seaplanes! :-P

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Don't worry. No one gets out of life alive.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I believe it could be my fault; I took my 4 liter Ford Explorer for a run yesterday!!

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor

My fault too. I drove my three litre Toyota 80km to the flying field and back so I could fly my environmentally friendly electric airplane. :-\

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Electric plane!!! All that ozone you are spreading, My nitro's smell sweet and I love the roar. My glue dries faster now also. I can build more planes twice as fast as before. The Arabs need those big ice cubes. A few more chunks like this tow them to the desert and turn it into a greenhouse. Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Bob Bauer

Did you know Bob, that in the middle ages (that's around 1550AD for the plebs, and not long after the USA was "discovered" by Christopher Columbus (Go on do a google search if you like..its true) it was so warm in the UK that the French complained to their King that the English were producing better wine than them!!

Nuffin' to do with flying I know, but us Poms are getting clobbered with an enviromental road tax, just for owning a SUV, that you guys would describe as a "compact"

Good Grief Geoff; 80 km? Over here that's like driving to another country!

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor

We had a chile cookoff yesterday. The local methane content is quite high today. I guess I'm partly to blame as well...

Reply to
Ook