Kato N-Scale

Here's another question I meant to ask. Can you create blocks with Unitrack? I didn't notice block controllers on the KATO website. I think I saw something about using their switches to isolate power and you having the option to turn this on or off. I'm interested in using two power packs somehow. Cannonball

Reply to
Cannonball

Kato sells insulated UniJoiners for that purpose. They also sell various types of control panel switches, but I've never used them. You can use whatever your want: Atlas, Radio Shack, whatever.

The #6 turnouts are power routing only. The #4 turnouts can be set for power routing or non, frogs live or not, via screws on the bottom of the turnout. Be aware that some of the markings on the turnout are incorrect; see the notice about this on their website.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

Yes you can, just use the insulated rail joiners in place of the regular rail joiners and put a feeder in each section.

Frank

Reply to
TRAINSN

My little venture into n-scale was done with Unitrack. I must say the Unitrack was good stuff, I could push a train in reverse at 100+ mph and not have derailments. I was impressed, I don't operate that way, but the track was smooth. I used the insulated rail joiners to good advantage.

John

Reply to
John Franklin