Loco ID.

Have any idea?

I am leaning towards early NYC power? How about importer? Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary Mittner

There is one like it on eBay (no id given)

For some reason I want to say it is a Gem LS&I (Lake Superior & Ishpeming) 4-6-0

Reply to
Charles Seyferlich

The memory is hazy but I'm going to say the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern

4-6-0, the one I had was imported by Ken Kidder, but either Gem or, more likely, LMB, also imported it, ca, 1959-1962.

Gem's NYC FE-12 4-6-0 was very similar.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Looks like the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern(NYC) engine imported in the late 60's......I think GEM was the importer.

Jim Bernier

Gary Mittner wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier

The Brass Locomotive Checklist (Ladd Publications, Inc. 1977) lists a LS&MS 4-6-0 by Ken Kidder in 1968 at $39.50 and by LMB Models in 1961 at $29.95. No pictures.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Beimer

That's the one I was referring to in my post. I had the Ken Kidder version, and as I recall, it was a match to the one in the link ('been about 25 years since I let mine go, that's why the memory is hazy.)