Looking to Join Club (South Jersey Area)

I'm interested in locating a club in the SJ area where I can contribute and learn from such a group. My goal is to spend time with people having
similar interests while learning skills to bring home to my own layout.
Any suggestions on clubs that are looking for members is appreciated.
In Carlstadt there is the New York Society of Model Engineers. This is a multi gauge club. They have been around for a long time.
In Union, there is "The Model Railroad Club". They too have been around. The author Paul Mallory was a member.
If I lived near either of them, I would join.
There might be others, but these two are the ones that I know.
GSRS wrote:

--
Frank Rosenbaum

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale
Thanks, but there a bit of a hike. I'm closer to the Philadelphia area.

Welllll..... South Jersey is a big place. I haven't been to either club in many years and don't really "know" where they are.
Check with Carstens publication. I know that they are in New Jersey and they might have a lead or, check the schedules in RMC and MR and see what club sponsered shows are coming up.
GSRS wrote:

--
Frank Rosenbaum

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale
The Northern Delaware Model Railroad Club is in Wilmington, Delaware (actually Hockessin, DE--not too bad a trip from south NJ). Our web address is http://members.aol.com/NorDelMRR/
Paul Welsh
GSRS wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have to look up your local, probably about 30-40 minutes from my home. I'll check out your web info next. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Hi.
Check the NMRA New Jersey Division site:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/njdivnmra/boxcar/welcome.html
The Gateway club in Brooklawn (near Glouster) should be close and their site is listed under layouts.
Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Budb
Author of:
MODELRAILROAD TECHNICAL INFORMATION http://www.geocities.com/budb3 /
PROTOTYPE TECHNICAL INFO FOR MODELRAILROADERS (Revised. New address) http://www.geocities.com/budb3/pindex
GSRS wrote:

contribute and

layout.

With Jersey measuring all of ten miles from north to south do you *really* care that it's in the southern or northern half?

Uhhh . . . Dave, you had better check the scale on your map. (G) I have traveled New Jersey from the top at Rockland County, NY to the Delaware Water Gap at the south end. That is considerably more than ten miles. You might mean east to west, but that too is more than 10 miles.
OH, wait, there is a Jersey in Great Britton also, isn't there? I think that David meant the South Jersey in the United States.
Truly we are separated by a common language.
David Cantrell wrote:

--
Frank Rosenbaum

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale
I wish. Actually I'm near Philly. It takes 2 hours to get to the NY/NJ border via the Turnpike. 3-4 hours using other routes. Not something I want to do once a week and have to get back home and then to work in the morning. Bad enought I drive an hour each way to work.
I'm following up on a few leads. Thanks.
said:

Any in the Princeton / Somerville area?
tia
--
Joe Chip

h o v x . v a p @ t z n v y . p b z
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Joe Chip at h o v x . v a p @ t z n v y . p b z wrote on 4/6/05 1:25:

Joe,
Pacific Southern, 26 Washington Rd, Rocky Hill, NJ 609-976-9271 http://www.pacificsouthern.org
Dieter Zakas Member of the PSR since 1993
gsrs wrote: I'm interested in locating a club in the SJ area where I can contribute and learn from such a group. My goal is to spend time with people having similar interests while learning skills to bring home to my own layout. Any suggestions on clubs that are looking for members is appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ Perhaps you can find something here:
RailServe:
http://www.railserve.com/Models/Clubs/North_America/Eastern /
Trainweb:
http://www.raillinks.com/modelrr/pages/Assoc_Clubs_and_Org /
NMRA:
http://www.cwrr.com/nmra/Cluba-NR.html
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,000 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
Thanks Bill. I will be researching the info available in the links provided.
Russ