Looking to Join Club (South Jersey Area)

I'm interested in locating a club in the SJ area where I can contribute and
learn from such a group. My goal is to spend time with people having
similar interests while learning skills to bring home to my own layout.
Any suggestions on clubs that are looking for members is appreciated.
Reply to
GSRS
In Carlstadt there is the New York Society of Model Engineers. This is a multi gauge club. They have been around for a long time.
In Union, there is "The Model Railroad Club". They too have been around. The author Paul Mallory was a member.
If I lived near either of them, I would join.
There might be others, but these two are the ones that I know.
GSRS wrote: > I'm interested in locating a club in the SJ area where I can > contribute and learn from such a group. My goal is to spend time > with people having similar interests while learning skills to bring > home to my own layout. > Any suggestions on clubs that are looking for members is appreciated.
Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum
Thanks, but there a bit of a hike. I'm closer to the Philadelphia area.
Reply to
GSRS
Welllll..... South Jersey is a big place. I haven't been to either club in many years and don't really "know" where they are.
Check with Carstens publication. I know that they are in New Jersey and they might have a lead or, check the schedules in RMC and MR and see what club sponsered shows are coming up.
GSRS wrote:
Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum
Hi.
Check the NMRA New Jersey Division site:
The Gateway club in Brooklawn (near Glouster) should be close and their site is listed under layouts.
Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Budb
Author of:
MODELRAILROAD TECHNICAL INFORMATION
PROTOTYPE TECHNICAL INFO FOR MODELRAILROADERS (Revised. New address)
Moderator of: MR TECHNICAL HELP GROUP
COUPLER HELP GROUP

GSRS wrote:
contribute and
layout.
Reply to
bigbud
With Jersey measuring all of ten miles from north to south do you *really* care that it's in the southern or northern half?
Reply to
David Cantrell
Uhhh . . . Dave, you had better check the scale on your map. (G) I have traveled New Jersey from the top at Rockland County, NY to the Delaware Water Gap at the south end. That is considerably more than ten miles. You might mean east to west, but that too is more than 10 miles.
OH, wait, there is a Jersey in Great Britton also, isn't there? I think that David meant the South Jersey in the United States.
Truly we are separated by a common language.
David Cantrell wrote:
Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum
I wish. Actually I'm near Philly. It takes 2 hours to get to the NY/NJ border via the Turnpike. 3-4 hours using other routes. Not something I want to do once a week and have to get back home and then to work in the morning. Bad enought I drive an hour each way to work.
I'm following up on a few leads. Thanks.
Reply to
GSRS
Any in the Princeton / Somerville area?
tia
Reply to
Joe Chip
I'm interested in locating a club in the SJ area where I can contribute and learn from such a group. My goal is to spend time with people having similar interests while learning skills to bring home to my own layout. Any suggestions on clubs that are looking for members is appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ Perhaps you can find something here:
RailServe:
Trainweb:
NMRA:
History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,000 sites:
Bill
The Northern Delaware Model Railroad Club is in Wilmington, Delaware (actually Hockessin, DE--not too bad a trip from south NJ). Our web address is

Paul Welsh
GSRS wrote:
Reply to
Paul Welsh
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Joe Chip at h o v x . v a p @ t z n v y . p b z wrote on 4/6/05 1:25:
Joe,
Pacific Southern, 26 Washington Rd, Rocky Hill, NJ 609-976-9271
Dieter Zakas Member of the PSR since 1993
Reply to
Dieter Zakas
Thanks Paul. I have to look up your local, probably about 30-40 minutes from my home. I'll check out your web info next. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.
Reply to
GSRS
Thanks Bill. I will be researching the info available in the links provided.
Russ
Reply to
GSRS