Looking for flying sites in the Ft. Collins Colorado area.

Anyone know of some nice areas around the Fort Collins, Loveland and Greeley Colorado to fly Sailplanes? I already know about the two R/C clubs, but would prefer flying in an area where mostly folks go to fly sailplanes. I am an AMA member so that is not an issue. I would be happy to join a RC sailplane club reasonably near. Working on and off on a couple of gliders and I hope to be ready to get back into flying again by the end of August. The building and flying went to the shelf for the last several months due to an economic enforced vacation, better known as a layoff. Amazingly my old company decided that they laid off the wrong person and with a few adjustments, I am fully employed once again. While I have belonged and enjoyed RC clubs, my main issue from experience with regular R/C clubs is that often electric and sailplane folks get treated like second class citizens and still pay the runway fees on top of the usual club dues for a strip that we almost never get to use. This is my second time around with RC after a 10-year gap and I have no interest in fuel powered engine flight. I want to stick with sailplanes, electric motors, and some park fliers. Any suggestions of locations are greatly appreciated. TIA Bob Ruth

P.S. Yes I know this goes out all over the world, I am just hoping someone local may be able to help me. Please save the arrogant yank trolls for someone else.

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Go here:

While this doesn't exactly address your question, I thought it would be of interest to you.

Live long, and prosper Jerry L. Gubka

--

------------------------------------------ gray-bearded tramp miner looking for work (experienced mine planner available) http:/home.comcast.net/~jlguru/JLGHome00.htm------------------------------------------

Reply to
Jerry L. Gubka

Jerry, Thanks for the info. Every little bit helps :-) Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Best I can offer you is a site off of HWY 93 in Arvada (denver metro just north of Golden. Email me if you want more info. Mark

Reply to
Penguin254