march 2006 railroad model craftsman

Has anyone received their march 2006 railroad model craftsman in the northeast [nyc] yet?

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Just received mine in FL, much later than usual.

Stuart Sabatini Palm Coast, FL

Reply to
Stuart Sabatini

I'm still waiting on February's issue. Larry Mowery Hattiesburg, MS

Stuart Sabat> Just received mine in FL, much later than usual.

Reply to
LarryMowery

I got mine a number of days ago way up here in Portland, OR.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Got mine about a week ago in NE Pa.

Reply to
mike

Thanks.

I guess it's time to give them a call and request a replacement issue.

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

Unless your postman just hasn't finished reading it yet. :-)

Sam

Reply to
Sam

That is the number two reason they started putting them in plastic bags. Number one is to keep the USPS from mangling and shredding them. Also did you ever notice, no matter how mangled your magazine was the blow-ins ( those little advertising cards ) were still there.

Don

Reply to
Dori

May be time for me to re-subscribe to RMC, except for the late delivery, at least to the NE US. When I was a subscriber many years ago, it was always late, and I live in NJ where the mag comes out of.

At least they are putting them into the plastic baggies. Wasn't it MR, again some years ago, when asked why they didn't put theirs in a baggie, answered that that was the way a lot of issues got shredded? I receive a number of magazines by subscription, and the ones in plastic baggies NEVER get mangled, while it's a crap-shoot with the non-bagged ones.

Examples of what I'm talking about: Sky & Telescope - bagged, never shredded Recording - not bagged, pages almost always torn MR - not bagged, but only received non-mangled when they use that heavy paper outer cover Electronic Musician - not bagged, usually mangled a bit

How I believe that mags get shredded is when mail for a house is pre-sorted at the post office and larger items are placed at the bottom of the stack, and also with it shifting around in the letter carrier's bag (or cart).

Reply to
Jack

Jack wrote: [...]

[...]

The mag is printed by Quebecor or one of its subsidiaries, the largest contract printing company in the world, so it's anybody's guess where RMC is printed these days. Mailing is done from another location than the printing. I suspect two reasons for its lateness these days: a) the low numb er of staff; b) printed at lowest rate, ie, not a priority job at the printing plant.

But it's worth reading, late or not.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir