Modifications to Life-Like DL-109s

Has anyone done any? What did you do?

I have one that I am working on right now to make it look like a DL-105. It involves re-building the headlight and putting the Art-deco "wings" around the headlight bezel. I'm also adding a rooftop numberboard as was carried by the two GM&O DL-105 units, 270, 271. The 272 was a DL-109. It had the same style headlight, but not the rooftop numberboard. I plan to have all three units.

How about some of you New Haven guys? There were lotsa New Haven variants. Enough to have a kitbasher's field day.

Reply to
Froggy

Froggy,

Did you try filling in the opening in the pilot?

Jim

Reply to
Ctyclsscs

The pilot opening should be about 18 - 20 inches wide. If it's too wide there's not much trouble closing it up a bit.

Reply to
Froggy