More fun with eBay

The scam is in the FORM header, which is the one used when the user presses the Submit button:

If you follow the (intentionally) long action link you will see that it routed not to eBay like most people would think, but to 64.70.136.169 where the scammers script is/was collecting all the data.

All other links in the scam are legit eBay, this just adds to the scams credibility.

Regards,

Dmitry.

Reply to
Dmitry Rudnev

Where were the SCO/Caldera people at that time?

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com. NEVER

==============

The correct email address for reporting bogus "give me your password" emails is snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com

Likewise, snipped-for-privacy@paypal.com

snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com is for reporting SPAM advertising of eBay auctions, whether it be unsolicited personal emails or unwanted postings to newsgroups.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Reply to
Jon Miller

I would tend to agree with you, but I WAS able to access eBay after that, and there has been no activity on my charge account. I remember when I first signed up I gave them a charge account #.

Reply to
Aredeer

Reply to
Jon Miller

I too received this email and reported it to ebay. I quickly received a response from them stating that this was NOT a legitimate request from Ebay. They reaffirmed that no one associated with Ebay would ever ask for your password or any other sensitive information via an email.

So, be forewarned that this was a trick. I suspect that someone got access to your ebay account info (this did happen to me a few months ago) and temporarily deactivated your account just as you could yourself. They waited for you to send them this info and then reactivated the account.

I really think that you will get hit sooner or later with some charges. I would call the credit card company and report the card as "stolen". They will cancel the number and immediately send you a new card. Better safe than sorry.

In my ebay experience, I found that I had suddenly moved to Europe and was selling some VERY expensive video equipment and only accepted cash or certified checks as payment. Of course, I immediately cancelled the auctions and reported this to ebay and changed my password.

Good luck!

Allen

Reply to
Allen Cain