MR Train Show listing change

The group I belong to was told by someone within the advertizing department at Model Railroader that the editor is considering removing the "free" train show and activity listings in the magazine. While it is possible that we were told this just to get us to buy a paid ad for our annual show, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. The source said that the ediitor felt that "no one was using the lists". I doubt this is true. I understand that decisions like this are usually based on numbers. We should probably give them some numbers to work with, like a number of e-mails to snipped-for-privacy@mrmag.com

The Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

From the looks of things many model railroaders aren't reading MR anymore period. Besides maybe they need a little extra space for the highly anticipated feature articles Lionel Strang is going to do. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Hiya Bruce, I tend to agree with you about MR mag. It seems to be not nearly as much fun as it was when they had "dollar model projects". I feel that a lot of articles are just rehash jobs of earlier articles from some years back. It's too bad, MR used to be fun.

John

Reply to
John Franklin