n scale track cleaner car

There is a new Atlas track cleaner, and there is the centerline cleaner, any recommendations please.

Reply to
allan

Allan,

You can read my review of the car on Nscale.net

Ian

-- Ian M. MacMillan Epping, NH Guilford Rail Systems District 2

Conrail Pittsburgh Line in N scale;

Ian MacMillan

Reply to
Carl Heinz

allan wrote in news:ua1d409ga7rtlv64qqpr94pun9aokbgt7l@

4ax.com:

Well, the Atlas car is basically the Tomix car with a new color scheme and new price tag ;-D

It vacuums, grinds and wet-cleans .... 3 functions for the price of one, it's DCC compatible, and in combination with a bottle of Tomix rail cleaner you're basically sure your track will stay clear ....

I use one once a week to clean my tracks, (first a couple rounds of vacuuming to get the dust off), then I wet-clean the track with some Tomix Track Cleaner for a couple rounds and everything runs like clockwork :-D

Total time (for a 250x80cm layout; one lap is ~ 14 meters) for cleaning -

5-8 minutes ...

As fas as I'm concerned, can't go wrong on the Tomix one ...

Reply to
JB/NL
[This followup was posted to rec.models.railroad and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

I would not want to be without it. None of the Aztec cleaners that I have, nor the centerline come close. My track now runs like the day I put it down. I use the Tomix fluid as well as the original Tomix car.

Best Regards,

Ken Harst> There is a new Atlas track cleaner, and there is the centerline

Reply to
Ken Harstine