Pads for Triang Track Cleaner R.344 ?

Unable to get replacement pads for the old Triang Track Cleaner R.

344 ?

Try Wilkinsons Hardware !

They sell their own brand ironing board under-felt (about =A33) for a big sheet and when cut to size makes ideal pads.

Their own brand nail varnish remover makes a great track cleaning fluid I understand ! Strongly suggest you test it on a scrap section of track first.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Thanks for that tip, I was only thinking t'other day about where on earth I could get replacement pads for one of those from. :-)

Reply to
airsmoothed

" Thanks for that tip, I was only thinking t'other day about where on earth I could get replacement pads for one of those from. :-) "

I have asked Hornby that with the use of digital systems these days why don't Hornby upgrade & re-release the Triang Track Cleaner R.344.

Recall reading somewhere 'only' about 7000 were made.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Just to have a pointless wallow in nostalgia for a moment, it was actually one of the first train items I had, unlike most - I imagine - folk, I didn't start with a proper set; I had a dock shunter, a couple of open wagons and the track cleaner, along with some bit and pieces of track.

Control was provided by a Scalextric hand throttle, I had a wierd one which had a little steering wheel on the side, rather handy for model railway use. This was replaced fairly shortly by a second hand Duette, which is still going 30 odd years later.

Reply to
airsmoothed

"Dragon Heart" wrote

Well as they didn't work particularly well I can't see the point. You cannot adequately clean track without some real elbow grease.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Their efficiency is somewhat improved by filling the compartments either side of the 'tank' with lead.

Reply to
airsmoothed

How conductive is elbow grease? Should I give up my morning shower to gain larger quantities or it?

Reply to
Greg Procter

I'm worrying about where I should stick the electrodes to measure its conductivity ...

Reply to
airsmoothed

That's easy; either end of the straight line path!

Reply to
Greg Procter

There is actually a product called Elbow Grease, but it's not intended for use on model railways. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

I must agree John it's not a 100% solution but on a day to day basis it does help.

We use three on our son's layout plus a home made, non abrasive, scraper. As it's my elbow grease that is used for the more serious track cleaning I try other methods in the interim.

Reply to
Dragon Heart