New Athearn Dealer Requirments. Picture of store front needed.

Horizon has required all new Athearn sellers to submit a photo of the store they own.

A photo has been posted of a sample shot of what a dealer's store is expected to look like:

MrRathburne

"MrRathburne"

Now that IS funny.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Another store photo:

(Note: that's the UP City of San Francisco in 1939, so it is a double troll for this new group :)

Ed. in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, MrRathburne at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 1/15/04 1:23 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

that is actually not all that uncommon....

Reply to
lars

It wouldn't be too hard to fake a photo of a storefront.....of course if Horizon is sending out disposable cameras, and this is the only way they will accept photos, then it may be another matter.

"That big "M"? Why that's my store - McTrains!" :)

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan

Mark Mathu

Well I discussed the situation with my dealer this afternoon, and he said that Athearn had just about gone out of the "kit" business altogether and none of his usual clients like me was buying the ready to run stuff. Therefore, he figures he will probably be able to get it if anybody wants it, but otherwise does not plan to carry Athearn after his current stock (not much left) is gone. He has put most of it on sale, and I picked up a generic (for me i.e.) F-7 for 20% off his usual relatively low price. I repaint all of them for 1950s L&N, so this "Amtak" one will supply a mechanism. I already have about 30 unpainted shells, and at least that many of the older style mechanisms dating from the early 60s. Aside from loud gears, they run fine. Recently my purchases have all been Branchline kits.

Railroadman

Reply to
Railroadman

When the shop I work at decided to start carrying MTH RailKing sets, even though we got them from Walthers, we had to fill out paperwork for MTH and include pictures.

-Hudson

Reply to
Hudson Leighton

I posted this information about Horizon wanting photos earlier. However, I find it amusing that Rathburne is now admitting that is happening. I guess he still believes the basement discount dealers are going to get Athearn. Poor guy, he can buy cheap trains anymore, BOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAH Mommie, its not fair. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

MrRathburne wrote: Horizon has required all new Athearn sellers to submit a photo of the store they own. A photo has been posted of a sample shot of what a dealer's store is expected to look like:

Mark=A0Mathu replied: A photo has been posted of a sample shot of what a dealer's store is expected to look like:
like them! Almost like "before and after!"

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Jerry, that is the first thing you posted that I agree with.

Reply to
wannand

Cute, but your picture would seem to apply more to train show and internet vendors, not hobby shops.

(Not saying that's OK. Just an observation.)

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent

Your dosage needs to be increased.

Reply to
MrRathburne

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:01:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@skypoint.com (Hudson Leighton) shared this with the world:

Sooo, what does a new shop do?

Store: We will be opening in three months, and want to have a fully stocked store when we open. Distributor: We'll need a picture of your storefront before we will set up an account for you. Store: Sure, here ya go. Dist.: But that's a vacant building. Store: We're not open yet. We will be opening in 3 months. Dist: Call us back when your store looks like a store. Store: but we can't open without stock......

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton