Online Sources For Gargraves Track

Yes. From the GarGraves Website:

"GarGraves has been around since 1940. It started as an idea of ELDON S. GRAVES who joined with EARLE A. GARDNER to manufacture and market this new flexible track. Our name comes from a combination of their names. Don Roder, who originally worked for the company, purchased it in 1963, and now he and his family operate it."

Don's son Mike now runs "Gardner, The Train Doctor".

When you're talking to the "factory store" they pretty much know their stuff...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Steve, you are a fake and a sick person. I am not trainspeeddemon if anyone is you are as another of your fake names. I see you hate god, the church, and Christians and lie and post on the train board in many fake names all your hate. It is a sick life you live Steve and we pray for you. I am not the sick one you are.

I notice on your fake "Brad" name you just posted when I do, and never post on trains on a train board. In other names you are a troll Steve and we see you for what you are.

May god be with you Steve Caple.

Reply to
curtmchere

Perhaps when mom teaches you how to search someone's usenet activity you will see I also post in other groups, Q face. (inside joke- Q face is the medical term used on stroke victims- since their tongue hangs out one side of their mouth and makes them look like a "Q"

Hugs brad

Reply to
brad

Spender spake thus:

[...]

This got my attention: I *loves* cab forwards.

But I made the mistake of going to Lionel's web site and trying to find it. Gawd, their site *sucks*! Took 5 or 6 drill-downs just to get to "locomotives", of which there are 42 pages worth. Their search function is totally broken. And on dialup, the pages take forever to load, since everything is rendered as graphics.

Anyone have a link to a site showing a picture of this beast?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl spake thus:

Nevermind; they apparently have 2 AC-12s:

?ProductNumber=6-38071 Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drool over some pictures ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Pages 59 in their online 2006 Volume 1 catalog. It would be nice if Lionel offered .pdf catalogs.

I just looked again at my hard copy catalog and the AC-12 loco works on curves as tight as O31. That's surprising for a 4-8-8-2 loco.

I can't decide what my first premium train purchase will be. Something for a passenger line. I love the Blue Comet, but Lionel only made 1000 sets back in 2001. There is one on eBay, new in the box, at a bid of $885 yet the reserve price hasn't been met.

Lionel currently has the PS4 Southern Pacific (the Green Bullet) which looks nice also. I can't decide what passenger cars would look best with it though. The matched Southern Pac. heavyweight passenger cars seem kind of drab. I'm not bent on the realism of matching road names so I can always choose something else.

I'd really like a big Chessie steam loco with the blue, orange, and yellow livery like the T-1 4-8-4, Lionel #6-18011. I like Chessie stuff. I line of yellow Madison cars would like nice with that.

Reply to
Spender

Spender spake thus:

Heh; I see now where you came up with your handle. "Spender", indeed.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Actually it's the name of the protagonist in And the Moon Be Still As Bright, by Ray Bradbury. Part of The Martian Chronicles.

It might still apply. I might snap and end up living in Lionelville. ;)

Reply to
Spender