Paint question....

snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.oz wrote:

a200:
Testors Metalizer is designed to be buffed to a shine, though. I do definitely agree that the clearcoat will keep the finish from getting dull after the buffing is done, though.
I'm not sure why buffing would ruin the sheen of the metallic paint your son was using, though I don't doubt him. ISTR trying to polish aluminum spray paint and only succeeding in making it gray...it seems the metal flakes or powder actually floated close to the top of the carrier or something. I could of course be remembering it all wrong, since the paint in question was the 4th coat on my brakeless wonder of a bike that I used, as a kid, on my paper route...not a good idea, kids, and trying to ditch down a short, steep hill to avoid a car is equally not one...
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
Andy spake thus:

And of course, you can test it out on something about the size and shape of your car before ruining it. But you already knew that.
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a

Curt,
I've specifically tried to stay out of the fiasco that appears to be your life, at least as you live it through this group.
As has been pointed out in previous posts, there are no longer CFC's in spray paint. I'm not killing the planet.
In your case, however, I'd make an exception. If I could project precisely which small part of the planet I'd be killing, I'd certainly consider unleashing a few paint cans worth of CFC's. I would have to know, of course, exactly where you are.
Allow me to put this a different way. I asked a legitimate question. I received several legitimate answers. Neither I nor anyone else have need of any of your bullshit.
Andy
On Mar 3, 3:08 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Andy spake thus:

Just so's you know: "Curt"'s not really Curt. You're responding to a troll.
(And I'm not one to use that term loosely, as so many others do.)
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a
"David" is really Steve Caple. He is a troll who relentlessly is hounding me hoping I go away But I wont sorry Steve.
Again you ruin a good thread with your flames and attacks and trolling, or try to anyway. so much for you 'solution' Mr Troll.
On Mar 3, 4:46?pm,STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

*plonk*
There is more to pollution than CFCs. The air is shared you can't put a tent up over your house and not care about the rest of the world.
VOCs are in paint. Carbon is in the spray. You are using something killing the planet. That may not be nice to hear but it is true anyway.

Curt, I need a huge favor from you.
I sprayed several cars this morning - some in Pullman Green and some in Boxcar Red.
Would you please come down to my paint room right away - and inhale deeply.
Thanks,
Andy
On Mar 3, 7:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

STEVE CAPLE we know you are there. Come out of hiding and be a man and stop killing the planet
On Mar 4, 8:42�am, "STEVE CAPLE.net> wrote:

Just want to take a minute to thank those of you who offered advice on my metalizer spray painting project.....
Sprayed it over the weekend... Let it dry overnight.... Buffed it out with an old soft handerkerchief....
It's outstanding!!!! Precisely the color and finish that I was looking for.
Thanks again.
Andy