Parts

Greetings, I am looking for a vestibule for an American Flyer prewar #1730RW Streamliner. Anybody have any ideas??? Thanks

Reply to
OrvilleH603

Tinplate components were usually produced using presses and dies and as such are difficult to reproduce one-off. If the part was produced post WWII, even if used on different models then the best way to obtain one is from a damaged or scrap model/toy. If you expect to collect and restore such items then you would be well advised to buy up and store junk examples so that you can access spare components when you need them.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

There are a number of places that sell original and reproduction American Flyer parts. I saw a couple at the train show in West Springfield in January. A Google search should find some for you.

Reply to
<wkaiser

Have you talked with any American Flyer parts dealers?

Reply to
prioritycharge

Here are a couple suppliers of American Flyer parts:

RFG Co.:

Hobby Surplus Sales:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: