Lenz set 90 or 100

Hi, I'm planing to build big layout, 2-4 trains and don't have experiance with dcc. What do yout think about Lenz set 100 or 90. Thanks!

Reply to
Perando

Perando, I looked at all the various DCC systems for quite some time and almost went with the Set 90 because of the knob speed control and the few simple buttons. Not needing to operate more than two or three locomotives at one time the set 90 for it's simplicity seemed like a good choice. In the end I went with NCE because it had a wheel for speed control along with buttons and for a few other considerations but I now think would have been just as happy with a Lenz set 100. One reason is that I found I like the buttons for control better. Another reason is what I thought would be overkill and require constantly looking at the controller to find the right button to push turned out to be exactly the opposite. It didn't take long at all to become accustomed to the controller and having instant one button access to most every feature you might regularly use (or discover as I did that you may want to regularly use) is very desirable. With the set 100 you have that ability out of the box without buying a second controller until your ready. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Thanks Bruce!

Reply to
Perando

I love mine, and Lenz has been very good about upgrades. I actually didn't even buy a Lenz set 90 - I started out with a much earlier system (Set-02), and I believe when the set 90 came out it was only something like $25 or $50 to upgrade to the new system.

Even though I do love my Lenz system, I would recommend you actually trying out the other systems. The biggest thing is how do you like the feel of the controllers, and the second thing is how difficult is the system to use (I find Lenz system very easy).

Hope this helps, Scott

Reply to
SPowell