Patents

Probably pretty good! I noted a site but using MSNBC and searching the word patent will bring up lots of information. Included is the fact that the government is siphoning off moneys from the patent office to the tune of $800+ million for other purposes. Typical for Washington! I was hoping this Blackberry problem would bring attention to the patent office but probably not. Anyway do the search and read the interesting information about our wonderful government.

Reply to
Jon Miller

It must be pointed out that the "Greve" which you referenced is the president of the Free Software Foundation Europe. That kinds of sets the stage for what is background is, and what qualifications he has to speak about U.S. patents. Just about zilch.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Since you won't give examples of "stupid patents," can you at least give us a link to this fact?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Yeah, most of those make me laugh (especially 6,485,773)...

Reply to
Mark Mathu

US Patent Number 6,485,773: Semen Taste Enhancement Dietary Supplement.

Drives women wild, no doubt.

Reply to
jpurbric

link to this fact?< Simply go to MSNBC and do a search for "patents". All sorts of interesting news articles come up. I have to go a certain amount of credit to the people writing these stories (I have no idea how much research they do) as I am not in the business and don't get paid to research for others. Just for you a waver of my normal $300 an hour research rate !

I was wrong about the amount, it's $650 million taken from them. "sic---So Congress began raiding the patent office piggy bank; as of last year, more than $650 million had been siphoned off to pay bills for other government functions.---sic"

Reply to
Jon Miller

Karl Rove, too.

Reply to