Pittsburgh Hobby shop closing

It was learned this morning that Pittsburgh's Best hobby shop A. B Charles & Son will be closing in the near future . The building has been sold for a car lot and the shop will close.

Reply to
NOCKERS

Another one bits the dust :-(

Como Shops in St. Paul, MN is closing also, I work there and was talking to one of the Historical Societys about canceling our order for magazines, he told me that they had lost 7 hobby shops so far in 2005 and had gained 2 new shops.

-Hudson

Reply to
Hudson Leighton

Hi,

Any hard > It was learned this morning that Pittsburgh's Best hobby shop A. B

Reply to
Andrew Hummell

Hard to say but it may be quick, heard maybe by end of month but find that hard to believe with the massive inventory they have.

Reply to
NOCKERS

Will they be relocating or just shutting down completely?

Edvardo

Reply to
Edvardo

They have a very successful business with a loyal and satisfied clientel. If they are staying in business, I hope they are relocating to a place with a better parking situation.

Reply to
Derrick Parfitt

So far shop is closeing period Bud charles who owned the building sold it to the car dealer across the street . There are plans to open another shop By Scott Charles in the Dormont under a different name less model railroad dept. Rc And Plastics only But who knows what may happen. There has been an on going feud between Father and Son for years They may part clean or Ugly (can't get much worse) only time will tell. Its a shame they have been there just shy of 60 years

Reply to
NOCKERS

info i have indicates this is unfounded. as of 5/13 bud had no plans to close. car dealership did petition boro of dormont to see if zoning change was possible to convert block into parking lot but was turned down.

this has been circulating for a few weeks now. report was prompted by article in newspaper . bud claimed to know nothing of this until article was published. andy lorince

Reply to
alorince

You want the other side of the story Call and talk to Scott All iinfo I recieved was from Scott, Buds Son Last I heard Bud changed his mind and backed out of the deal to sell building.

Reply to
NOCKERS