Proto 2000 delivery problem

Last March I ordered the expected Proto 2000 C&O 2-8-4 from Standard Hobby
Supply. Knowing that the locos were in and not having received mine, I called
SHS today and asked about it. I was told that they weren't supplied enough to
fill all their orders. I called Life-Like and got a "shuffle off to Buffalo,"
being handed over from one department to another. When I asked to speak with a
supervisor, I was told the supervisors were at a party.
So I called Standard Hobby Supply again to request a second issue and they said
they'd do the best they could. In fact the guy I talked to ordered one of each
number for me and indicated that he had a "call client before shipping" note so
they could call me and I could cancel one if they had enough.
Needless to say that despite the quality of the locomotive, I'm not happy with
Life-Like right now.
Gene
ABV61-1043.001.HCB
"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories"
On the web at
or

and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.
Reply to
STEAM GENE