Where to find Athearn heavyweight HO passenger car interiors

Does anyone know where to find commercial versions of these? Or have advice on how to build them?

TIA,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Walthers has had seat bench kits for many years that appear right for the heavyweights. Aside from that, knowing what the interiors of the Pullman cars will also help. I'll note that all of the cars are shortened so seat quantities and so forth won't be "right" for the cars.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

There's a company called Palace Car Co. which makes interior kits for these and other "second tier" passenger cars. By "second tier", I'm talking about IHC, Con-Cor, Rivarossi, MDC, and a couple others. I saw his stuff at the train show and bought a few of his kits to see what they're all about.

Usually, the kits contain a weight for the floor cut to size, a handful of seats, a couple of walls (depending on the kit), and 3 possible plans for that car. If you have a specific prototype you want to go with, you might have to cut your own internal walls. He uses .030 styrene, mainly.

They are out of Kearney, Nebraska. I'm looking for an address, but I think the literature I picked up from their booth is in the box that's being shipped to me....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

They don't seem to have a web site. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

No they don't. I asked about it, and they said they had email, but that was it for now. I think they were going to eventually have an ordering page, but they weren't moving quickly towards that area.

All the literature I picked up at the show is being shipped home to me along with all the stuff I bought, so it'll be a few days before I can post whatever details I can....

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

The address is:

Palace Car Co. PO Box 793 Kearney, Nebraska, 68848-0973

Phone: 1-308-238-5099

Reply to
Gary M. Collins

Kennedy -

Thanks, please let me know when you get your shipment and have the address.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin

Gary -

Thanks for the information. Do they have an email address too?

Martin

message news:...

Reply to
Martin

Not on the card I have. You might call them and ask them.... :-)

Reply to
Gary M. Collins

Their email is snipped-for-privacy@charter.net. they do have a catalog, but so far no web site. and best of all, they DO seem to have the car interiors. thanks for the help, folks!

Reply to