Spectrum USRA 2-6-6-2 is shipping...

According to the Bachmann website, the 2-6-6-2's have arrived and will be shipping "next week." That was posted on 12/12 as I recall, so perhaps a few of them are starting to make their appearance to the public eye. If so, has anyone seen any of them yet?

I'm surprised that if they had them, why Bachmann didn't post any pictures of them. As of this morning, while searching for them on the Bachmann site, the listing said, "no photo available."

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

We have the Bachmann USRA 2-6-6-2's in stock. At the moment only C&O and undec. $210.00 + $8.00 S&H.

We also have the N Scale Bachmann USRA Light 4-8-2s in stock, Southern and undec. only at this time. $114.95 + $8.00 S&H.

We also have a special on the C&O H-5s. If you want to swap tenders and get a C&O VC-16 Vanderbilt tender instead of the USRA style rectangular tender the price is $245.00. C&O had several classes of 2-6-6-2s. (H-1 thru H-6). The late version of the H-4 and the H-5 looked a lot alike and one H-4, classified H-4a, had a VC-16 tender. So heres a chance to get something unique and for a really good price!

John Glaab Peach Creek Shops peahcreekshops.com

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

John,

What can you tell us about them; how do they look & run?

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

John, It was my understanding that none of the H-5s had the 1600 VC tender. If that's not correct, please let me know. Train World called me this morning to tell me they were shipping today my H-5 today. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

Peach Creek Shops has the Bachmann USRA 2-6-6-2s in stock at $210 + $8.00 S&H. Thats the C&O H-5, the undecorated, the W&LE and the NKP versions.

Gene, you are correct, the C&O H-5 class never had a 16VC tender. But the H-6 class did, and they were very similar locos.

One C&O H-4, classified as H-4a did get get a 16 VC tender. It also got high pressure cylinders and larger drivers but you sure have to be an expert to see it in the photos.

The H-6 class had a boiler and cylinders very similar to the H-5 and the H-6 class did get 16VC tenders. Drivers were very close to the same size but they had Walschaerts Valve gear instead of the Baker on the H-5. The cab was also the more traditional C&O cab. So hack the cab off your J-2 and start converting.!

We have a picture of the H-5 with the 16VC tender on our web page and it really does look great. Its also plug-and-play, so you don't have to change any wiring.

peachreekshops.com

John Glaab Peach Creek Shops

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

So, John, where is the 16VC I ordered from you? Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB