Proto2000 GP18 brushes

I'm looking for a replacement spring and brush set for a HO Scale Proto2000 GP18. I'm only missing one spring, but might as well replace everything so it's all even.

The GP18 has the same motors as the GP7's, GP20's, GP30's, GP60's and GP9 III.

I'm not against purchasing another engine with something else wrong to get the motor parts. (I checked eBay, all that showed up was complete engines.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Check with Walther's. They own Life like.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

"Frank A. Rosenbaum" wrote in news:4b9e5375$0$5019$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

I forgot to mention I already checked with Walthers. They gave me the list of compatible motors, but said the motor assembly was sold out.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Proto 2000 support sure ain't like it was when Life Like ran the show.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On 3/15/2010 2:31 PM Puckdropper spake thus:

Any chance there's a Local Hobby Shop somewhere near you? That's where I'd check; maybe they have a stash of spare parts.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4b9f058f$0$2369 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

There's one nearby, but I don't get the impression he keeps a lot of spare parts.

I wonder if the Athearn motor springs would work. Gotta take apart a SW1200 motor and find out.

Imagine that... The inferior model once again repairing the superior one. (Already had to buy Athearn gears.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper