Prototype WM V1000

Anyone know what the Western Maryland Baldwin V-1000 looked like? Did it have one exhaust stack or 4 short ones or 4 long ones? Jake Warner

Reply to
Jake Warner

One stack - see the following photos at the RR-FallenFlags web site:

The site captions the #128 as a VO-660 and the #132 as a DS-4-4-10, but my old WM roster lists WM #128 -132 as all being VO-1000's, and the features in the photos match the VO-1000 characteristics listed in the Diesel Spotter's Guide (longer than the VO-660 and angled radiator grille at the end of the long hood vs. flat on the DS-4-4-10). Hope these help, and let me know if my old Railroad Magazine roster is in error. Gary Q

Reply to
Geezer

George Elwood's site is a valuable resource for photos and other info.

However, It's only as good as the knowledge level of the person submitting the info to him.

I've caught many incorrect model designations on Fallen Flags.

Eric

Gary wrote:

"The site captions the #128 as a VO-660 and the #132 as a DS-4-4-10, but my old WM roster lists WM #128 -132 as all being VO-1000's, and the features in the photos match the VO-1000 characteristics listed in the Diesel Spotter's Guide (longer than the VO-660 and angled radiator grille at the end of the long hood vs. flat on the DS-4-4-10). Hope these help, and let me know if my old Railroad Magazine roster is in error."

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan