rail joiners

It is as far as Micro Engineering is concerned. Their website lists rail as code only. It is listed as for all scales.

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

They already are, with that huge tinplate looking Code 80 stuff; any Code

70 would have to be a mild improvement.
Reply to
Steve Caple

Not necessarily so.

The code 70 rail made by ME is wider than code 80 rail made by Atlas and Peco.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Early Vignols/flatbottomed rail had a much wider foot proportionately than modern much heavier rail. Replacement rail of heaver type is often intended to be laid on on the same rail fixings as the old rail, so the foot widths have to be the same even though the height is different. The track layers just add a bit more ballast to bring the joins to the same height, but placing different foot width rail on older fitting would alter the gauge.

In model railway situations it's normally quite difficult to view laid rail from both sides at once or end on, so it doesn't matter _too_ much.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

But the height is the most apparent characteristic, thus a "mild improvement". I've seen photos of nice looking Code 40 in N scale, but don't know how many lines of N-scale rolling stock and locomotives can handle it. I know that my eyes sure can't, so on trackwork alone, N scale is out for me.

Reply to
Steve Caple

No it's not.

Have you ever actually compared Peco code 80 (as used for their N gauge track) and ME code 70 rail?

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Could you take some close-up side by side pics and post a link to them? (from end and from side, also 3/4 from above)

Reply to
Steve Caple

Erik Olsen DK skriver:

Hva kamera har du nu købt ?

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

I have some rail of both sizes but no flex track.

I'll give it a try but please be patient as I just bought my new camera. I have to learn using it first ;-)

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Klaus asked what camera I bought. He knew that I bought one a year ago but I hadn't told him that it was stolen a few months after when some idiot broke into our house.

The new one is a Canon Powershot A640 (the old one was an A620) but because of what happened I haven't had much experience taking macro shots.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Erik Olsen DK skriver:

Oh, sorry - it is sad when people don't know the difference between what's their's and what's not.

Okay, I presume it is allmost the same using either 620 or 640. Is the

640 with the "flip out" display ?

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

It is but the display is larger (2½ inch) than on the A620 (2 inch). Furthermore the A640 is 10 MPixels and black but otherwise the same as A620.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK