Ransomes & Rapier turntable; help required pls!

Hello, I'm new here. I live in SW England, and up to now have built model aircraft and military stuff. Now I fancy a go at scratch building a Gauge 1 turntable something like the R&R prototypes. Two questions crop up immediately;

1) Are there any good drawings available of their big turntables, and 2) I need 4 wheels to run around the annular rail within the pit, preferably with the frames and bearings that can be modified to look ok, plus join to other materials to fit to the ends. Any help or comments would be much appreciated. I have had a browse through a lot of the other postings here and am really impressed with the degree of knowledge and quality of modelling. tia, Nigel Cheffers-Heard
Reply to
Nigel Cheffers-Heard

You could do worse than start here,

Keith

Reply to
Keith

That looks good, but I have no intention of building a ready made kit. But at least it gave me swome good ideas on how to proceed, and I will let you know how I get on... (don't hold your breath...) Thanks again, N

Reply to
Nigel Cheffers-Heard