Re: SV: Diesel Powered Aircraft, was Re:Stupid Americans!

> Offtopic Luftwaffe post ignored........ > the meaning of ignore has escaped you :)))

Yes, he had to have read the post to have known what was in it, which rather makes a mockery of his claim to have "ignored" it - then he posts a reply. What a drongo.

and the Luftwaffe used railways to move their repaired aircraft... > ands other stores ....so not so off topic!

The Luftwaffe had their railways, FWIW.

Reply to
Mark Newton

After a little reading here I discovered that a few R.A.F. bases also had private lines,, interestingly I have an old railway magazine which describes the rebuilding of a narrow guage line from the beach to the base at the former R.A.F. Base at Sharzah in the Persian Gulf,it was usee mainly for moving supplies during ww2 to the base, bombs etc, after the refurbishment of the ww2 vintage gear it was used to transport men down to the beach :) I remember the reputation the base had, it was probably the most hated base in the history of the RAF, you were given 12 hours warning that you were being posted there, 10,000 men and only one woman (the station nurse) and literally a desert island with nothing to do for the 6 or 12 months one was based there,, , not nice. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf