Re: Walters discontinuing Athearn?

Hi Patrick

It does seem that this is the case. I'm not sure why you might want to go thru Walthers for parts when you can bye parts direct from Athearn though. I just received some Genesis F unit cab interiors and a whole buch of axles gears (to replace split Proto2000 ones) from Athearn. Only took two weeks to New Zealand at a very reasonable cost and shipping charge. Walthers however burnt me to a sinder with there shipping and handling charges on some cheaper items.

Anyway, if indeed Walthers is moving away from Athearn products it does make one wonder if Horizon's dealer policies are going to do them any favors in the long run.

Nigel

I was just looking at the Walters page on Athearn's products and noticed > that almost all of the items will be discontinued when sold out. Is this a > result of Horizon buying Athearn and will I have to go to Horizon to buy > Athearn parts? > >
Reply to
Nigel Nichols

Horizon policies doing Walthers favors or ? I'm not following you here.

Dave

Reply to
HobbyOasis

Yes. The same will occur with Model Die Casting as well. On the other hand they have picked up Branchline and Bowser as full lines.

Dave

Reply to
HobbyOasis

I think then "them" is Horizon Hobbies, not Walthers.

Nice example of the "unclear pronoun reference". :-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I wonder if they cut deal with Toy Train Heaven (Bowser's wholesale arm) to stop selling discounted Walthers products as a condition of carrying the full Bowser line.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - US President James Madison

"To be a social conservative is to believe that the poor have too much money, and the rich don't have enough." - J.K. Galbraith

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." - Charles Austin Beard

Reply to
Mountain Goat

Hoo boy, did he get THAT right! Some years back some group passed around the Bill of Rights as a petition and a lot of people refused to sign it - said it sounded Communist to them :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

That's because, at the time, the "Founding Fathers" were radicals and, possibly, traitors and were encouraging armed revolution.

You can't go around today, as then, doing any of the above without upsetting the ruling classes.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.